you from initial sketches to the final construction.
damages issues in hundreds of litigation and dispute matters.
Mwana Trust is a women-led child development, protection and women empowerment organization concerned with the welfare of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs), children with special needs, women at grassroots level and communities.
We are a community and church initiative responding to broken down family structures, violence against women, increase in OVCs, homeless children, child headed homes, children with special needs and elderly people looking after orphans. Mwana Trust engages local communities and schools in transforming the skills, knowledge, and beliefs of all individuals who impact the life of a child and women.
Promote a safe friendly environment that encourages participation, survival, development and growth of vulnerable boys, girls, children with special needs and women through interventions that are community and family focused.
Address the underlying factors that prevent vulnerable boys, girls, children with special need sand women from fully realizing their potential through creating opportunities for positive change.
What we do
We promote holistic and sustainable interventions for child development, child protection and women empowerment. Mwana Trust aims to help children realize their rights to education, clean water, good health, shelter and the rights of children with disabilities
Our interventions for vulnerable children:
- Educational Assistance,
- Child Stimulation and Nutrition Supplementary
- Menstrual Hygiene
- School and Community Gardens
- Water and Sanitation
- Assistive devices for children with special needs
- Women empowerment
OUR COMMITMENT / CORE VALUES
Integrity transparency accountability
Stakeholder Engagement Participation Sensitivity
Advancing equal access, equity and progress to vulnerable boys, girls and women through innovative, safe and diverse quality interventions that empower and influence social change.
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Integrate education, child stimulation, nutrition and health interventions for a holistic child development approach that ensures quality, equity and access for better health and educational outcomes.
- Protecting children in all our interventions including life changing events for the realization of their rights.
- To contribute to improved health outcomes and lifestyle for children in need of care through proactive engagement
- Build the capacities of vulnerable rural families with poverty reduction strategies that enhance social protection, resilience and adaptation
- Promote women’s skills development and their right to decision making for social, physical, economic and psychological transformation.
OUR STRATEGIC FOCUS
- Child Development (Early Childhood Development (Child Stimulation and Nutrition), Health, Education)
- Child Protection
- Women Empowerment
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Strategic Collaboration
- Community Partnerships
- Evidence Based Practices
- Data –Informed Decisions
- Professional Learning
WHO WE SERVE
- Orphan and Vulnerable Children between 0-17 years
- Children with special needs
- Children living in border areas
- Caregivers especially the elderly
- Women and girls
- Rural areas
- Farm Communities
- Urban Areas ( for Children with Special Needs)
- Border Communities